Thursday, August 11, 2011

It’s 8pm on a Thursday – do you know where your ankles are?



I know, I know...it has been a while (long while), but I'm back! I’m 29 weeks as of Monday and am feeling really good! I’ve really lucked out so far, no morning sickness, no outrageous cravings or aversions (smell or food). But – my poor ankles! No matter how much water I drink, sodium I avoid and how often I elevate them…they swell horribly! They’ve disappeared, which makes for a lovely sight, especially during these summer months. By the way, July was the hottest summer on record in the DC area (so much for timing!). My ankles have become an entertaining topic at home and work, “Ooohhh, let’s see how big they got today”. Thank goodness for Birkenstocks!!

I’m back…and fully unpacked…from my visit back home to Washington State. My sis Sarah and my friend Lynette planned an amazing baby shower for me, which was a lot of fun. I was so thankful to be able to see so many of my friends in one place, even though it wasn’t long enough for me! The weather was gorgeous, sunny but not too hot.

Nursery is coming together. This means that the cribs and dresser are in the nursery but still in their original packaging. Luckily, I have some very generous and skilled friends that have expressed their desire to help me decorate their room (I’m so hopeless!). We plan on having them share a room for the first few years, I mean; they’ll have shared a very small place for practically 9 months so I think they’ll be fine.

We have names! Violet Elizabeth and Samuel Jacob. Violet comes from my great grandma and we just liked the name Samuel. Middle names were harder, I really like the name Samuel Adam, but wouldn’t want to give people the wrong impression by naming our son after a beer (a good one at least!). So, we decided to pass on our middle names.

No comments:

Post a Comment