Monday, May 16, 2011

17 Weeks and Growing



Time is going by so quickly! I wish we were able to slow it down in order to really enjoy the process…and feel more prepared. I’m really looking forward to my doctor appointment tomorrow (I think one of the reasons Ben is happy I’m pregnant is because it forces me to go to the doctor). Ben hasn’t gotten a chance to see them move around on screen yet, so they’ll be making their performance debut tomorrow for him.


You’d be very surprised to learn that I have not started any craft projects for the babies yet. What?! Most of you would expect me to be knee deep in sewing patterns and knitting needles by now with at least 12 projects going. What’s causing this? I like to call it “Amanda’s Analysis Paralysis”, which is very similar to, but not the same as, Procrastination. The options are endless – so it becomes easier not to choose. You’ll see the symptoms of AAP in things like:


  • Home décor (no, we still have not painted and please ignore the 4 unfurnished rooms)

  • Baby Names (one of my nephews thought it was great that I was going to name them Thing 1 and Thing 2)

  • Nursery theme (they won’t know that plain white walls are boring, right?)

  • Baby stuff (do we want a side-by-side stroller, facing each other, traveling system…)

  • Daycare options (someone told me that we should be visiting locations now, yikes!)

If you really want to see me stress, feel free to leave me a comment on the 1,000+ other decisions that I’ve forgotten to mention. Thank goodness Ben is so decisive. Maybe I should send him to do all of the registering? On second thought, maybe I shouldn’t…I don’t think they will need their own archery or fishing set from Cabella’s for a few years.

1 comment:

  1. Can I just tell you thank you for the needed laugh on a Monday! I love it sis!

    ReplyDelete