Friday, April 1, 2011

When is it supposed to feel real?

I’ve officially hit 11 weeks now – but the news still doesn’t seem real yet. Maybe it doesn't set in until I start to get more of a "bump" or feel the first kicks. I’ve completely sidestepped morning sickness and haven’t had any cravings. Unfortunately, I’ve developed a food aversion to veggies and have now had to start putting spinach and garbanzo beans in my morning shakes to try and maintain a healthy diet.

Biggest difference is my appetite, I’m always STARVING! It’s sneaks up on me and I suddenly feel that I must eat now or heaven help my co-workers in the next cube. Maybe it’s a blessing in disguise, but it doesn’t take as much to fill me up…otherwise it would only take me about a week to gain the recommended 30 pounds.

Hardest thing so far? Being 2000+ miles away from my family and some of my closest friends. I’ve met some amazing people out here, of which I’m extremely grateful for. I miss my twin sis being able to just stop by. It would be especially helpful now, I feel like I need someone to be my voice of reason, are my emotions normal or just irrational hormones? Ask Ben – he will probably say irrational.

2 comments:

  1. Hey AW, I'm so glad you are blogging now! Time for some pics. :) I'm 24 weeks in and it STILL doesn't feel real! Hang in there, things will start to feel more normal real soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed out loud when I read parts of this.. and then I got really sad.. I miss you two sis! I can't wait to meet those little babies. :)

    ReplyDelete